https://www.facebook.com/chelseakrayfashionconsultant     https://instagram.com/chelseakray/     https://www.pinterest.com/chelseakray/     http://everydayfashiononabudget.tumblr.com/     https://twitter.com/Chelseakrayblog

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Autumn Accessories


I have many reasons why I love Autumn.  The crisp evenings, apple picking, foliage, my birthday... But fashionably speaking, it doesn't last long enough.  There's something to be said for being able to pull out your suede booties and layering your sweaters without a jacket on top.  I wish this feeling could last just a little longer.  But winter comes quickly, so let's cherish all that makes this time of year so special.

Autumn trends haven't changed a whole lot since last year.  I love that.  It means I can pull all my pieces out of my "Autumn Bin" and update them with a few appropriate accessories.  Number one: Booties!  Living in Maine, suede and leather booties can only be worn on dry days before the snow comes.  So annoying.  So while I can, I'm going to rock every piece of suede I own, because suede booties are a must for Autumn.  Feeling extra fashion forward?  Layer a pair of warm socks underneath your favorite summer sandals to transition into a Autumn look.


Jewelry is another great way to accessorize for Autumn.  I never thought I would say this, but chokers are all the rage right now.  From vintage looking pieces to hard metal, chokers have totally made a comeback and are  probably the most sought after accessory for Autumn and Winter.  You'll want to keep in mind your neckline of your top, when wearing a choker.  Sporting a turtleneck (which have also made a huge comeback from the 90's this season)?  Skip the choker and layer several chains over it.  


My new favorite Autumn accessory is this stunning gold, emerald and moonstone leaf bracelet from Bug Bee Boom.  I fell in love with it on the website, but when I received it in the mail, it was even prettier than I thought.  It's the perfect Autumn accessory and I can't wait to get back on their site and order several more pieces.  Bug Bee Boom has jewelry for every style.  Are you a Boho girl?  I'm loving their beaded chandelier earrings.  Their signature front-back bee earrings are the perfect conversation piece and stacking rings are made easy with a four-in-one ring.  Definitely check out Bug Bee Boom for incredible jewelry that you can wear all year.


Last but not least, don't forget to switch out your summer purse for a more Autumn one.  I sported a white cross body leather bag all summer and just realized last week that it's time to make the switch.  I headed over to TJMaxx and scored a small leather BCBG cross body (because I gotta be hands-free) in a warm gray that will match everything this Autumn.  You carry your purse everyday, so make sure you invest on one that is a perfect combination of fashion and function.

My booties are Seychells, from a little boutique in Boston.  The rust corderoys are from Forever21 and the floral top is from Target.

No comments:

Post a Comment