https://www.facebook.com/chelseakrayfashionconsultant     https://instagram.com/chelseakray/     https://www.pinterest.com/chelseakray/     http://everydayfashiononabudget.tumblr.com/     https://twitter.com/Chelseakrayblog

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

When Life Hands You Lemons


You're probably wondering why I'm having a drink with a wooden giraffe.  I was supposed to have drinks with a girlfriend, but when she called 30 minutes before our cocktail hour (with a legit excuse), I found myself left alone with a romper, a bottle of vodka and a wooden giraffe.  When I was younger, I would have dealt with it by pouting and changing into sweats.  Luckily, we progress and  learn to deal with life's lemons.  Cocktail hour was not completely cancelled.  I kept my romper on and poured myself a drink anyway.

 
Awww... and even Harley (my kitty) joined me!  There is a fashion take-away from my silly cocktail hour story.  It's about life's unexpected moments and how to deal with them.  You can't always be dressed perfectly for every occasion.  I strive to leave the house in one look that can carry throughout the day.  I've got kids, a job and an extremely busy life.  Not to mention I'm married to the most spontaneous man in the world.  My look has to cover all possibilities, and it's not always easy.
 
There are few suggestions I can make to help you get through your unpredictable day in style:
  • Unless you are the Queen of heels, a small wedge, block heel or flat will be your most functional option.  There's no place in your life for uncomfortable shoes.  I feel like I can take on the world when I'm in a pair of ballet flats. 
  • Dresses can be extremely versatile, but they also run the risk of too much peak-a-boo.  If there's a breeze, you're going to be sitting anywhere other than a chair, you need to be active... try a romper instead.  Problem solved.
  • A cross-body bag or stylish backpack will keep you hands-free all day.  Smart.
  • If there's any part of your look that is uncomfortable before you walk out the door, it's going to progressively get worse throughout the day.
You can't predict life.  But you can be as prepared as possible.  Find a place where fashion meets function.  When your much anticipated cocktail date turns into drinking with your cat, leave that adorable romper on and just add vodka.  I'll leave you with my favorite quote from the Indigo Girls, "you have to laugh at yourself, cause you'd cry your eyes out if you didn't".
 
White temporary tattoo: www.puretatts.com
Flats and Romper: www.target.com
 




No comments:

Post a Comment