https://www.facebook.com/chelseakrayfashionconsultant     https://instagram.com/chelseakray/     https://www.pinterest.com/chelseakray/     http://everydayfashiononabudget.tumblr.com/     https://twitter.com/Chelseakrayblog

Monday, February 1, 2016

It's a Heat Wave!

 
Okay, the snow in this shot doesn't give a completely accurate picture of what we're experiencing in the Northeast region of the US.  Today, in one of the coldest and snowiest states (Maine), it's going to get over 50 degrees.  That's insane.  I remember in December having a conversation with someone from Florida, describing the magnitude of snow and frigid temperatures we endured last winter.  They were blown away.
 
Besides college, I've lived in Maine my whole life and I don't remember a more brutal winter than last.  I remember shoveling the exact walkway I'm standing in (in the picture) and having to hurl the snow over the banks that were taller than my six foot head.  You couldn't see around any corners driving.  You just pulled out on a wing and a prayer.  The temperatures were so cold, it was unbearable to be outside and there was zero snow melting in preparation for the next two feet coming.  Thank goodness Mainers are tough as nails, because it was the worst winter EVER.
 

 
Well, Mother Nature must have felt bad for what she put us through last year, because this winter (knock on wood) has been one for the record books.  Today is February 1st and I'm just about to go for a long walk through the City, without a jacket.  That's unheard of.  Usually the sidewalks, this time of year, are unwalkable, so everyone is walking in the streets.  Usually the temperature is below 20 degrees, so walking outside is impossible.  I'm going to take full advantage of this incredible weather in every way possible.
 
Not only is this heat wave good for morale, but it's great for my fashion blog.  Photo shoots outdoors offer superior lighting.  I rarely need to use filters on a sunny day.  Also, if it's warm enough to get out without boots and a down jacket, it opens up a whole world of fashion possibilities.  I normally would never wear a belly baring top in February, but with the weather the way it is, it was the perfect compliment to my pastel trousers. 
 
 
I'm trying my best not to get too excited for Spring.  I know that in Maine, there's a lot more Winter to come.  BUT, I will enjoy this little heat wave were having and take full fashion advantage of it while it's warm enough.  Get outside while the weather is great and go ahead and give Spring a little sneak peak.  Pastels, crop tops, show it off while you can.  It's a head wave!
 
Crop Sweater: Urban Outfitters
Blue Trousers: TJ Maxx
Lug Loafers: Target
Sunglasses: Sunglass Hut



No comments:

Post a Comment