https://www.facebook.com/chelseakrayfashionconsultant     https://instagram.com/chelseakray/     https://www.pinterest.com/chelseakray/     http://everydayfashiononabudget.tumblr.com/     https://twitter.com/Chelseakrayblog

Monday, May 4, 2015

Matching Sets

 
Matching sets are what I like to call a, "no brainer".  You put on the exact matching piece that came with it.  Could the Fashion Gods make it any easier?  This trend is awesome.  I mean, I've spent hours, maybe even days searching in stores for the perfect compliment to a skirt I bought.  The matching set trend is not only hot for summer, it's here to stay.  The Fall Fashion runways were jam packed with matching set.
 
Of course there are some rules to making this trend work.  Just because a top and bottom match, doesn't make it a matching set.  You have to be very bold and very fashion forward to pull off print from head to toe.  I actually suggest NOT trying that look at home.  My matching set* (pictured above) is about the most I'll go with print on the top and bottom.  The short sleeves on the top and length of the skirt give the look enough balance that the print isn't taking over.  If you like the idea of a bold print, keep it to a short length look or just have print on one piece. 
 

 
A matching set isn't just the same print on top and bottom.  Sears did a great campaign for Bongo and the featured look was a matching set of a printed floral top with a solid skirt.  An adorable look that is a perfect example of not being too matchy.  If you're a matching set novice, I suggest starting with something like this look above.  Or try a two piece suit.  Always a classy look.
 

 
Another way to wear a matching set that doesn't involve clothes at all are with your accessories.  We've been doing this trend for centuries and it's still holding strong.  I even like to wear my matching set of clothing with a matching set of jewelry.  I paired my floral matching skirt set with a gorgeous matching set of silver jewelry from my new favorite line Chloe & Isabel.  This jewelry line specializes in versatility.  Dangling statement earrings can be transformed into simple studs, necklaces can go from short to long or (the one I'm wearing) can go from 3 to 2 to 1 strands.  The matching set of jewelry (which also includes a gorgeous bracelet you can see in the full body picture above) can be worn several different ways, which gives you a huge bang for your buck.
 
The matching set trend is full on.  Whether it's a cute skirt set, a full two piece suit or matching accessories, you'll always be on point.  It's a great investment in your wardrobe and you'll see this trend last all year.
 
*My matching floral skirt set is from H&M.  The socks and booties are from DSW.  The silver matching set of jewelry is Chloe & Isabel. 


No comments:

Post a Comment